The plan to reopen
Over the last few days we've been asked an awful lot about what our plans are for reopening (which as an aside, is lovely to hear!).
As an Arcade, Bar & Café, we firmly fit into the "leisure and hospitality" groupings for re-openings, so unfortunately it will be a while yet until we can (there is an however though - see below!). Wales' restrictions are a bit behind England's, but if the pattern fits and they open up bars on the 4th, we can hope to be back up and running by mid-late July assuming everything is still healthy and looking better for the COVID-19 infections rates.
Like so many other venues and businesses, we're just working things out as we go a bit, but here's an outline of what we're thinking about:
- No one will be required to wear masks, but if you do so that is perfectly fine! We will providing 2 hand sanitiser points on each floor, plus antibacterial wipes for people to use on controllers and such, should they wish to. This will be in addition to us using commercial strength anti-bacterial sprays regularly on all of the controllers and seating areas.
- We will be spreading the consoles out primarily over the upper two floors. This does mean more use of the staircases, but it means we can maximise social distancing on the ground floor. There will also be limits on the number of people we have in venue at any one time.
- There will be a strict sign-in sheet. You will need to provide your name and a contact (email or phone) if you want to use the space. This is so we can get in touch should the worst happen and a breakout occurs.
- During busy periods, we may trial using the downstairs door as an entrance only and ask people to exit via the upper door.
- We may also be encouraging group bookings where possible, and these will be prioritised over walk-ins. Likewise, if and when we get our regular events running again, these will have priority over walk-ins too.
- Until we figure out the best way of doing it, hot food will not be immediately available for consumption in the Arcade as we will making sure that players on the games/consoles and anyone purchasing drinks can maintain social distancing.
We'll still be selling merchandise and second hand games, but we will be asking customers to ask us to serve them. Shorter term, we may also be looking into increasing our available merchandise so that we can potentially open part-time for sales and "browsing".
So that's kind of where we are right now. Nothing is set in stone of course, but we'd appreciate any feedback, and we hope this can help all of you feel safe in our space. We're working on the accessibility side of things too, but at the moment given the limited space we have this may be even more basic than what we had before.
Hope to see you when we're open again!
Get in touch
We can currently meet your video game event needs anywhere in South Wales and across Southern England. Contact us using the form below for further information, or on 029 2034 5136 Tuesday - Friday between 10am or 4pm GMT. Note: If you don't hear back from us within 48 hours, please check your Junk folders or trying calling direct!
If you are an organisation, company or otherwise who would like to collaborate or work with us, please get in touch with our Gareth on our operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Dungeons & Dragons, RPG or Tabletop enquiries, please get in touch with Scott at email@example.com.