A place to play...
Engage with community...
Make great things...
Learn about games...
About The Arcade Vaults
We are The Arcade Vaults, an exciting and unique venue and community in the centre of Cardiff for all things gaming. If you make games, play games both old and new, want to learn about games, or would just like to engage with the community in this amazing world of games, then this is the place for you.
At the heart of The Arcade Vaults and its community is you; the players and the creators. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to play games and even more so, anyone should be able to make them and understand how they are made.
We are reopening to the public from May 18th!
As before, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Bar/Cafe area, the Arcade and The Community Rooms are operating under COVID safe guidelines. These include:
- a limit of 6 people per group from different households (excluding children under 11, or if everyone in the group is from a single household a larger group is allowed).
- drinks and food orders will be taken at tables. If you are paying for the arcade, you may still come up to the bar, but please let us know if you will be ordering food or alcohol and we will come to you. You must remain seated whilst you are eating or drinking.
- we will have a lower limit on our capacity - currently we recommend that you contact us to reserve an arrival slot for your visit by either using our contact form or emailing us.
- tables, chairs in the bar and cafe areas and the keyboards/mice/controllers in the new PC suite will be cleaned in between each sitting.
- a screen at the bar.
- hand sanitiser points throughout the venue.
- the requirement that you wear masks throughout the venue unless you are eating/drinking or have a valid reason not to wear a mask.
- alcohol based anti-bacterial wipes for you to clean controllers (which we will be regularly doing throughout the day).
- alternating of available consoles throughout the venue to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- marked points to ensure you can stay socially distant.
- staff will be COVID-safe during your visit.
Please note, we are legally required to take a name and contact information for at least one member of your party. We will be asking for ID to confirm names and addresses as necessary.
Thanks for understanding and hope to see you soon!
The Stuff We do
- Our arcade is split into two areas - we have a space featuring classic consoles and hundreds of games, with a small free-to-play area where we also serve coffee, tea, drinks and gamer friendly snacks. We are also open on selected evenings for those that like a stronger beverage with their gaming fun!
- The Community Rooms are our co-working and events space, tailored for anyone interested in making games or being part of a community who do but open to everyone to experience. There are three pricing tiers available to anyone who wants to use the space for work, with high-speed broadband (wired and wireless), tea and coffee, and a kitchen, plus various tech facilities and business support!
- Our Upper Arcade and The Community Rooms are available for hire. We can run events for you with a wide selection of retro and modern gaming consoles, or just provide the spaces on their own to you, with access to our bar.
Games Wales - Cardiff June Meet-upThu | 24 June 2021 | 19:00 to 23:00Thu | 24 June 2021 | 19:00 to 23:00
The COVID-safe Cardiff Games Wales monthly meet-up returns! This month we aim to have some discussion around the future of these events and the type of things we can do to keep them relevant and interesting, so bring your ideas to the table - all are welcome!
Friday Fight Night #10Fri | 25 June 2021 | 16:00 to 22:00Fri | 25 June 2021 | 16:00 to 22:00
After a first test event, we're pleased to say Friday Fight Night is back at The Arcade Vaults thanks to the awesome work of the SWFGC!
And for this one, why not chuck in some new games like Guilty Gear and Virtua FIghter 5 (well, not *new* new!).
Hit the link for all the info you'll need - pre-signup before attending is required!